Aud-Cooks | Baked Potato with Cheese and Cream
Today let's combine two of my favourite- Cheese and Potato, together and make a dish out of it. Potato and Cheese can never go wrong, so this time I'm gonna try making the Baked Potato with Cheese and Cream aka Scalloped Hasselback Potatoes.
Slice across the potatoes but make sure to stop before reaching the end so that they stay in shape. Once you are done with it, continue slicing butter and Parmesan/ cheddar cheese. Use cold butter for easier slicing. Tip: It helps to put butter in freezer for awhile until cutting it.
Next, open the potatoes’ crevices and shove the cheese and butter, alternating between the two. Put the potatoes onto an oiled baking sheet, add salt and pepper for flavoring. You can be quite generous with the salt. I also added finely minced garlic instead of garlic powder. Drizzle some olive oil on top.
Send to oven and bake them at 200ºC for 60 minutes. After 45 minutes, drizzle heavy cream and top it with grated/ shredded cheese. I do not have heavy cream, so I used natural yoghurt. Return to oven for another 15 minutes.
Tadah! This is what you will get after an hour! (Note: I added parsley leaves 2 minutes before it's done baking). Transfer them to plate, you can serve with sour cream but I prefer to eat it neat like that. Maybe next time, should try it with sour cream.
2 large whole potatoes
100 grams butter (sliced)
100 grams Parmesan cheese (sliced)
2 tablespoon olive oil
60 ml heavy cream
60 grams grated cheese
sour cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC. Scrub potatoes.
2. Slice the potatoes with a sharp knife, remember to stop before reaching the bottom.
3. Slice the butter into thin pieces. Alternate the butter and the parmesan, stuffing them in between the slices of the potato. Season the potato with garlic powder and salt.
4. Put the potatoes onto an oiled baking sheet. Drizzle some olive oil on top of the potato.
5. Bake at 200ºC for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle heavy cream over the potatoes. Top with cheddar cheese.
6. Place back in the oven for 10-12 more minutes. Remove and serve!
Walking on with love,
If you like this post, share the ish out for me, would you? Leave a comment too!
Don't forget to show me some Love~♥
♥~Live to Dream′Dream to Live~♥
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”